When I say spa day, I do not mean an all-day event. I actually only take about 2 hours to relax and take care of me. Everyone needs a day to focus on themselves. So today I will share what my spa day looks like. First things first, brew a pot of tea and light your favorite candles or essential oils in your diffuser to enjoy during your me-time.
- Use my Clarisonic to cleanse my face (My favorite must-have product for skin)
- Then I use my favorite Microdermabrasion Scrub by Derma-e to remove dead skin and imperfections.
- Then rinse my face, pat dry and spray rose water or witch hazel (allow to air dry)
- Most important I moisturize my face
- Don't forget your smile, brush those teeth! (My favorite products to keep those pearly white Eco-Dent ExtraBrite Toothpowder and Earthpaste Cinnamon
- Moisturize lips
Note: When I first started this routine it took a couple of months of breakouts to get my skin clear of acne and to see fewer acne marks/imperfections.
- I will either start with dry brushing my skin or exfoliate with my homemade sugar scrub depending on my mood.
- Then a quick shower (I find this the best time to shampoo, apply deep conditioner and let it do it's thing during my bath)
- Now I am ready for relaxing bath (add 1/2 cup of bentonite clay and 1 cup of Epsom salt to bathwater)
- Scrub up those feet (I like to use a brush)
- After soaking in the tub for 20-30 minutes, I quickly shower and rinse out the deep conditioner from my hair.
- Now time to moisturize my skin. Shea Butter or Coconut Oil are my favorites.
Now I am all relaxed. I am ready to do my hair. The perfect time to pop in a good movie and finish my hair.
- Shampoo hair
- Deep condition hair
- Detangle hair with a wide tooth or Denman style brush
- Leave-In Conditioner
- Styler (for summer I go for a setting lotion or my DIY Flaxseed Hair Gel)
My hair is naturally curly, so I usually set my hair in twist. May take me 20-45 minutes, depending on the size of my twist. I have learned to embrace my curls and know keeping my routine simple is the key.
Let's not forget the nails; I add a pop of color that makes me smile. Now I am relaxed and ready for my day. I get dressed, prepare a tasty, healthy lunch, and finish my movie.
A spa day is one of the highlights of my week. So always take time for yourself, it is beneficial to you and your family.
I am not an herbalist or a doctor. Do your research! Be sure you and your family members are not allergic to any of these ingredients before using this recipe. All the items on this blog post were purchased with my own money and are not sponsored. Just products I love, that also make my life a little easier.