I love doing the dishes by hand when it’s just a few. Doing the dishes used to be my moment to slow down and think. It's not so much fun if you do as much meal prep and cooking as I do, as the dishes can pile up. I have found it so easy to do the dishes as you go. (That means in between tasks.) Sometimes it doesn't work like that, and you have to rely on the dishwasher.
One way to keep the number of harmful chemicals out of your home is to make your own DIY dishwasher pods.
Todays DIY is super easy. You’ll need:
- 1 cup Borax
- 1 cup Washing Soda
- 1/2 cup course Seasalt (kosher works too)
- 1/2 cup Lemon Juice (fresh squeezed or from a bottle)
Let's get started.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add Lemon juice slowly until the mixture begins to stick together.
- Press mixture into the ice tray and allow to dry.
- I keep two silicone ice trays for all kinds of projects. These are easy for removal
- Placing them in the fridge will help the process go a little quicker
- Once dry, pop them out and put them in a jar.
That's it… now lets do those dishes.
All the items on this blog post were purchased with my own money and are not sponsored. Just products I love, that also make my life a little easier. I am not an herbalist or a doctor. Do your research! Be sure you and your family members are not allergic to any of these ingredients before using this recipe.