Product I ♥
Today’s product is something everyone should be investing in: Safe Water.
The Big Berkey Water Filter: I have had this product for almost two years. My only regret is I should have gotten the bigger one (Royal Berkey). Not only this is our drinking water but also the water for cooking. The Big Berkey is ideal for family 1-4 and holds 2.5 gallons of water.
When we lived in a flood zone, the water would recede, and we were allowed to move back into our apartments, but should we boil the water? Is it safe to drink? You could live anywhere, in any conditions, and the water will look and taste fine. I always wondered if somewhere between our home and water treatment facility could be old decaying water pipes. So to eliminate all my questions, I decided to make sure to limit the number of chemicals and contaminants that enter our body and our home.
Here are the things I love about my Big Berkey and why I would recommend it to family and friends:
- Easy setup
- Can be placed on a countertop and need no connections (great for us apartment dwellers)
- Cleaning the system is easy
- Portability (chamber nest together for storage or on the go)
- Great resource in case of emergencies
- Filters remove bacteria, viruses, heavy metals, pharmaceuticals, and other contaminants
- Long Lasting Filters, No filter replacement every couple months
(Note: filters can last approximately 3,000 gallons, The Big Berkey can accommodate 2 or 4 filters)
- Fluoride filters can be added (these last 1000 gallons, or one year)
Also, we need to stop creating waste with bottled water and use a reusable bottle when possible. No need to go out and buy water before the hurricane or storm rolls through, just filter and bottle a few gallons. Try to make a difference where you can, for you, your family, and the earth. Now let’s have a drink of water!
All the items on this blog post were purchased with my own money and are not sponsored. Just products I love, that also make my life a little easier. I am not an herbalist or a doctor. Do your research!